Sunday 4 April 2010

HALLELUJAH!

Resurrection

EASTER DAY and in celebration of this ancient, holy, festival, here is the glorious 'Hallelujah Chorus' from George Frederick Handel's Messiah, as performed on Andre Rieu's Live From Radio City Music Hall in New York City in 2004, with the Johann Strauss Orchestra and the Harlem Gospel Choir.

Hallelujah Choruses don't get much more triumphalist than this...




wishing you a happy

EASTERTIDE

Tuscan Sunrise


Images: Brian Sibley © 2010, uploaded via my flickr Photostream.

5 comments:

Andy Latham said...

A happy Easter to you Brian, I hope the Easter bunny has brought you lots of treats!

Bitter Animator said...

I'm already so full of chocolate, I think I'm going to die... this is not a spiritual experience.

scb said...

Now that is how to begin Easter Sunday! Thank you so much for posting that glorious rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus, Brian!

Happy Easter!

Boll Weavil said...

Easter at Southwell Minster for me today as usual but no eggs as I've given up chocolate !
Happy Easter to everyone.

Brian Sibley said...

Thanks for all the greetings. Those of you who haven't given up chocolate, go easy!