Monday 10 May 2010

NAUGHTY NICKERS

AussieBum's cheeky underwear posters are now found the world over with this one, apparently, causing particular disquiet in Catholic countries where prudery (at least in public) is still regarded as de rigeur...

AussieBum Bum
What interests me, is where AussieBum got their inspiration for this particular advertisement? Personally, I think they took a sneaky peek at a blog-posting of mine made back in September 2007: check it out...

Morning dip

The only minor differences are the height of the tide and the fact that David isn't wearing his underpants as a bandanna. Otherwise, it is clearly an outrageous infringement of copyright and legal proceedings will be instituted immediately!

Image: Brian Sibley © 2007. You'll find lots more of my photos (many equally picturesque though not necessarily as revealing!) on my flickr Photo Albums.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

After an article on a BBC programme the other day, I was just thinking "Brian hasn't done any underwear blogging for some time"...
OK - yes I know there's no underwear here; was that really his underwear round his neck?
Anyway, thanks for brightening my morning!

SharonM said...

Perhaps they should consider using David as their next model, by way of recompense.

Brian Sibley said...

SUZANNE - I missed the BBC item! Why didn't you alert me?? ;) David will be delighted to know he has brightened your morning - when he wakes up!

SHARON M - Great idea! I'll take the usual agents' fees... :)

Brian Sibley said...

GILL e-mails to say...

"The Duchess has instructed me to make you aware that she expects to be forewarned of your intention to post intimate photographs on your blog.

"Not only has she been quite overcome with shock at seeing not one but two male derrières, but also by the fact that one is of colonial origin, and therefore completely insupportable.

"The Duchess asks me to remind you of your duty as an Englishman to maintain high moral standards, and to consider the sensitivities of elderly aristocrats.

"So shocked is she that I must now minister to her with sal volatile and sweetmeats. My day will not be easy."

Brian Sibley said...

GILL - Obviously, I regret having caused unnecessary distress to the Duchess. Having heard no news of her for some time, I had supposed (obviously wrongly) that she was no longer following my blog.

Please tell her I agree entirely that "derrières... of colonial origin" are "completely insupportable" --- at least without appropriate undergarments! ;)

Emergency supplies of sal volatile are en route via FedEx!

Arts and Crafts said...

A total infrigment, it's clear, an I am totally agree with SharonM, next time David must be the model!!

Brian Sibley said...

EUDORA - David thanks you for your 'support'! :)

Boll Weavil said...

Now you're back on your favourite subject, hopefully we'll be getting a caption competition soon as well !

Brian Sibley said...

Well, I don't know about that, BOLL... ;)