Monday 14 February 2011

VENICE LOVERS

To mark the day held dear by lovers and blessed by St Valentine, here are some couples whom we have encountered (through the camera lens) while in Venice...

Young Venetians

Afternoon Tea

Intimacy

Lazing

Smile

Lost

Kiss



Rain-watching IV

Stroll

Doubtful Doges

Today is a day to share love:
so, to everyone,

whether you have (or haven't) a lover,
whether you are in (or out) of love;
and especially to
my very own
Valentine...


David leaving Venice

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!



Images: Brian Sibley & David Weeks © 2008-2011

You can view more of our Venice photographs on my flickr Photostream

4 comments:

Boll Weavil said...

Those pictures are fantastic - the more so because you have to point the camera at people you don't know. This is something I've never had the guts to do !

Brian Sibley said...

Thanks, Boll. I have to admit to quite often losing my nerve; and confess that, on occasions, we have got caught – as you can see in one of the photos in my recent post on Venetians-watching.

Jen said...

Boll, you're so right.For me it's like an invasion of privacy-on the other hand I am reminded of that old autograph book rhyme-never make love at the garden gate. Love is blind but the neighbours ain't. So many of those lovers were, quite rightly, oblivious!Wonderful shots, will you turn them into a book?

Brian Sibley said...

A book, Jen? I doubt it! But there are some of our photos that I would like to see preserved in book form...