Sunday 8 April 2012

"I AM THE RESURRECTION"

EASTER GREETINGS!


Stained glass by Beverley Shore Bennett created for the windows of the ambulatory in St Paul's Cathedral, Wellington, New Zealand.

These windows are based around the recorded 'I am...' statements made by Jesus: 'I am the Bread', 'the Way', 'the Vine', 'the Life', 'the Lamb of God', and, here, 'the Resurrection'.

All the windows contain symbols elaborating on those themes, including, here, the life cycle of the monarch butterfly.

Image: © Brian Sibley 2003

5 comments:

Beth Stilborn said...

Happy Easter, Brian! (Even though as I write, it's still Saturday here...)

Boll Weavil said...

Happy Easter to you and David and many many of them !

Arts and Crafts said...

Happy Sunday Easter to everyone!!!

SharonM said...

Happy Easter to you, David, Buttons and all fellow Sibley Blog followers.

Geno said...

Happy Easter my friend! thanks for the beautiful picture!